Guidance notes for ‘quick’ donations
Brethren all, there are a lot of words below, which may lead you to think that making a donation online is complicated, but in practice it’s pretty simple and
should take about 5 minutes! Firstly……
- Log into www.mcf.org.uk
- To make donations there are various areas on this website that you can select but I can assure you they all lead to the same place,
the JustGiving platform, so to keep it simple, select the DONATE box which is about half way down the home screen (Look for the Orange Piggy
- Select the FESTIVAL APPEALS box.
- Select SINGLE DONATION
- Select FESTIVAL, and then from the drop-down select WEST WALES 2026 FESTIVAL (it’s one up from the
bottom of the list) then press SUBMIT
- ENTER YOUR LODGE NUMBER. Remember
to put a capital L before the lodge number (e.g. L1234) then press DONATE
- SELECT THE AMOUNT you want to
donate, either from the suggested options or by manually typing in the amount you want to give e.g. £5. Also on this screen you are invited to make a small contribution toward the running costs
of the JustGiving platform. To choose not to, click on the drop-down box where £1 is shown, select OTHER, then leave the contribution amount as zero and press
- You are then invited to leave a message and your name. As an aid to ensure correct allocation of these donations I would suggest you
ENTER YOUR NAME, but a message is entirely optional. You could either leave no message or type something like ‘Provincial Meeting’, just as a further aid to identification. Then
- You can now select your payment method, for which the popular choice I should think will be CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD.
If you select this option, please enter your CARD DETAILS and POSTCODE, then press CONTINUE.
- You now have an option to add Gift Aid. If you are a taxpayer, please select YES as this will boost your donation by
25%. If so, TICK BOTH STATEMENT BOXES, and CONTINUE. Enter your NAME and your POSTCODE, then SELECT YOUR
ADDRESS from the drop-down list. Once your address appears, press CONTINUE.
- On the last screen, your donation is shown, enter your email address here to receive a donation receipt. Finally, it is recommended
that you answer YES to the question about being kept informed by the Relief Chest Scheme (RCS), as this will ensure that JustGiving pass on your details to the RCS so that your
donation can be recorded and allocated correctly.
Press CONFIRM DONATION and you are finished. THANK YOU!